Friday, September 16, 2022

Wedding Bells for Gina and Sean

Camie and I decided to fly out to Kansas to help celebrate Sean and Gina's big day. We got there a few days early to help Gina get ready for the wedding. We had so much fun visiting with them. This was the first time we really had time to get to know Gina. We both just loved her, she is so down to earth and fun, extremely talented with just about everything, an amazing mom to Larkin and she was so good to my brother. It was so fun seeing Sean, I have to say, I have never seen him so happy. My mom and Darrell also came but we were the only ones from our side of the family. 
Me and Camie helped her with the flowers the night before the wedding, we stayed up way too late laughing and talking. Gina is a lot of fun and full of many great stories. She will fit in great with Camie and I.  We also visited and got to know her family, they are all so great. I absolutely loved her mom, she reminded me a lot of Carolee.  
Gina also had me help decorate the cake right before the wedding. This could have been such a disaster. I was standing next to the window and the cake was on a small butcher block. I kept turning it to add more flowers. One more turn and the cake falls towards the window, luckily I found out I have crazy fast reflexes but now I'm holding the cake with both hands and it is balanced on the window. Camie came to my rescue, we got the cake put back on the stand and upright. It was so close to falling to the floor but now it has a huge window print and my hands imprinted on it. Luckily I just smoothed out the frosting and we had a lot of flowers to cover it up. We didn't tell Gina about it until after the wedding. She was laughing her head off, she thought it was so funny. I'm glad it ended how it did, it very easily could not have bee so funny. 
The wedding was beautiful. The night was beautiful. They both looked so happy and in love. We took a lot of pictures, we ate really amazing food and drinks. We danced and partied late into the night. It was truly one of the best weddings I have been to. I am so happy for them. 
I had the best time with my sister too. We never do this, a trip together just the two of us. We laughed and stayed up late talking, blasted music and danced while getting ready. I almost killed her driving back to the hotel after our late night of flower making. All of our inside jokes and stories. Her having me wear her flower dress to match hers, then all of the Kansas people thinking we were Goody Two Shoes Mormon girls form Utah (they might have thought we were polygamists). So funny we laughed all night about that, so did her friends when they confessed to their suspicions.  Turning a ten minute drive from the airport into a 30 minutes scenery drive through town. I could go on and on, it was a great weekend.  We really had the best time and laughed all four days. I sure do love my sister and I am so grateful for her. 








































 

No comments: