Thursday, January 24, 2013

Hats,Braces and ICE


It's Red Ribbon Week at school so the kids got to wear hats today. Stella loves this hat from her grandpa Gary, she was excited she got to show it off at school today. We woke up to freezing rain outside so things were really slippery. I didn't realize how slippery until I had to leave to go get Porter for his Orthodontics appointment. The rain was freezing to my truck instantly I could hardly see out my window.
Porter went in to get his braces on today. He was not excited at all this time. He had his front four teeth done a few years ago and knows how lousy it is.  
I took him to lunch at the Panda to cheer him up and to get a good meal in him. I knew he would not feel like eating much later that night. I think the most frustrating thing for Porter is he can not have POPCORN!

When I got home my driveway was a sheet of ice. I tried pulling into the driveway but my truck slid and I almost hit my mailbox so I parked out in the street. I tried walking up it but I kept slipping, even on the side where the snow was it was frozen. At the very top I finally had to cross over on my hands and knees and crawl. If anyone was watching me they would have had a good laugh. It took me almost an hour to clear off my half to pull the truck in. By the time I finished the other half, the half I started with was frozen again because it had started raining. I finally just gave up.
Rhett was flying in from Portland, the airport had cancelled most of the flights earlier that day. Luckily he was able to get home after a two hour delay that night. (I had enough of his side cleared off again so he was able to pull into the garage). What crazy weather.

1 comment:

LouLou said...

All fours! I would have loved to see that :)I was too chicken to leave the house. Actually, I had strict orders from Lance not to leave for any reason.