The cartilage in my thumb was worn out and with bone on bone grinding together, it was painful all of the time. I decided to have the bones fused together. My doctor said this method would heal the strongest. I also decided to have the carpal tunnel released at the same time. I had the surgery on October 18. It was wrapped in a bandage and I was not allowed to use it. On October 31 they put a hard cast on that I had to wear for 6 weeks. I was able to have light use now. I could not use my thumb though and that really complicates things.
That brings me to what I really want to talk about with this post and that is Rhett. I always tell myself I do not know how I could love him more...until I do. He has had to help me with everything including drying my hair (and that is no easy task). There is something to say about having someone care for your personal needs, it is so meaningful. He never once complains, never. Rhett is always a huge help with the daily tasks of running a house, we have always been a team with that. He has also been so great and attentive in helping me with previous surgeries, like my neck, which was a big one. He is always there for me and helps with whatever I ask or don't ask for. Having him help me for so many weeks with my hand just meant so much. I don't know of many men who would dry and style hair. I am not sure if he will ever really know how much that meant to me. We have been together for 35 years. I still get excited to talk to him. I still get butterflies when I hear him come home or know he's home when I get there. I fall more in love with him every day. I never want to take him for granted. I know what we have is unique and rare. I am so grateful for him. He is my everything and I want nothing more than to grow very old together, caring for and loving each other.



No comments:
Post a Comment