Monday, October 9, 2023

Las Vegas/ Pink/ U2

After Angel's Landing we headed to Vegas the next day. We stopped in mesquite and took my mom and Darrell to lunch and spent a little time with them. Our P!NK concert was the next day so there was no hurry to be anywhere until then. 
We did stay at the Luxor because it was right across the street from the Allegiant Stadium where she was performing. The Allegiant Stadium was huge. I have never seen or been in anything like it. We went to the concert with Bryan and Joyce Turner. I work with Bryan, he is a great guy and I absolutely love his wife. She is one of those people that is always happy. 
Rhett told me if P!NK ever came in concert we wanted to go. I do not get notified or go to many concerts but that is all Bryan does so I asked for his help to keep on the lookout for P!NK. Well I guess Joyce has always wanted to go too so that's how we ended up going together. This concert and trip was Rhett's Christmas present. That's why Angel Landing was so perfect too, the whole trip was for him.
 
Back to the Allegiant Stadium, it was huge on the inside. It didn't seem real to be in such a big arena. Brandi Carlile was P!NK's opener and she has a huge Lesbian following, I guess Pink does too for that matter. Half of the fun going to the concert was seeing all of the crazy costumes from the crowds; pink, sparkles, rainbows, crazy hair, etc. I did not know a lot of  Brandi's songs but she did a really good job. P!NK however did an incredible job. She is just so talented; her voice is so powerful and beautiful all at the same time, plus she is so strong. I know some think its strange that she does all of these acrobats, but it really takes talent to do what she does and still have that voice. I love it and I love her. Rhett had me watch the Netflix specials about her, from then on I was hooked. Leaving the concert cracked me up. The stadium holds about 65,000 people, so I did not surprise me at all that they basically shut down the whole block and bridge to leave. The six lane road was a sea of people as far as you could see in every direction. I was so glad we just had to walk to our hotel, I can 't imagine the wait to get a Uber. 

A few months before our trip is saw an ad that U2 would be performing in Vegas at a place called the Sphere. I have always wanted to see U2 in concert and luckily they had tickets for that Sunday night for $165 a piece. I didn't think that was too bad so I planned that as well. Doing more research leading up to the trip I realized that the Sphere was all the rage and everyone wanted to go. when we got there it had only been open a week. There was a buzz about it on social media and in the city. I realized fast that my tickets I bought a few months ago were a screaming deal and now the cheapest you could find them was around $500 or more. U2 has a residency there for awhile to open and kick off the Sphere. 

The Sphere did not disappoint, I am not going to get into it but read about it sometime its impressive what it can do and how much they spent to build it. U2 did such a good job. It was fun finally seeing them live in concert. Rhett got a shirt from the P!NK concert and we both got one from the U2 concert. We wore them the next day, everyone kept coming up to us and asking us about the Sphere, you would have thought we were rock stars by how they treated us. It was a unique experience being one of the first to do something the world was interested in. I joked that we could have sold out tickets and paid for our trip...we really could have. 

Vegas was fun, the food is good but very overpriced. Great people watching, it truly is a city that does not sleep. It was loud, bright, and busy. It was fun and I was so glad to go but I was so glad to be home.   































 

No comments: