51 is supposed to be your typical run of the mill birthday. Rhett told me were were going out. He also told me we needed to swing by Camie's and pick something up that she got for him. I didn't think anything of that statement, Camie is always helping out and could have easily planned to help Rhett with a gift. The kids all had plans because Rhett said he had something fun planned for me. So I still didn't think anything of it. We got to Camie's there were no additional cars in the driveway. I was sitting in the car and actually told Rhett to just run in because I knew if I went in I'd start talking to my sister and I didn't want to make him late for his plans. He said we were good on time and I could come in for a minute. Even then I just stood at the doorway. My sister came to the door and she looked so pretty in this sparkly blouse. I figured she had plans with her friends. She said come in and sit down, in my head I knew we had to leave and I could not talk too long so I just stood in her entrance. She insisted I come in and stand in front of the fire with her. While I'm talking to her I look over into her dark kitchen and there are all of these people. I was still thinking Camie was having a party I was interrupting. My brain was not registering who it was. All of the sudden they all say Surprise! I finally realize it's my family and Gary and Uberto. I was so completely surprised. I had no idea that they were throwing me a surprise party for my 51st birthday. I'm sure they all thought I was so weird but I really had no idea what was going on at first. I guess Stella had the idea to throw me a party a year ago and she has been planning it ever since. Of course Camie was on board. They were not sure who to invite and decided to keep it small. I'm so glad they did. I loved our little group. I was really happy they included Gary. He has become such a good friend. Camie ordered all of this sushi and we has a huge charcuterie board. Kylee was so cute and made me a coconut birthday cake from scratch that was delicious. Last year we were talking about everyone's favorite dessert that I make them for their birthday. She asked what I have on my birthday. I said I never have one, I don't make my own cake. Well she remembered that and made me a cake. Everyone was so sweet to think of me. It meant so much to me that Stella spear headed this. What a fun night having my favorite people celebrate me.





No comments:
Post a Comment