Sunday, December 20, 2020

The Gift that Gave Back

We have started a new tradition on the Jefferies side. We draw between families and then get to do a service for them, not spending more than $50. Well this year we got Ryder's family. Lindsey just had the twins at 31 weeks on 11/22/20. They have been in the NICU Brayden is doing better than Mason but they both have a ways to go before coming home. I know Lindsey and Ryder have been exhausted with everything they have going on. I though it would be fun to serve them by taking the kids for the weekend and giving them a little break to get ready for Christmas. Rhett and I picked up the kids on Saturday morning and dropped off a gift card for dinner so Ryder and Lindsey could go on a date. 

We had so much fun with the kids. I love having families one on one. It gives you a much better chance to get to know them rather than at the family gatherings where all of the kids run off together. We did arts and crafts, put puzzles together, made some treats, watched some movies, read some Christmas stories, went to the Christmas lights at Layton park, stayed up a little too late, made waffles for breakfast, more crafts, more movies and more books. We dropped them off at Becki's where we all met up to celebrate Ryder's and Rhett's birthdays. I know the service and gift was for their family but I felt like the gift was to me. I loved having the kids around. It was fun feeling that needed again taking care of littles. It was fun watching how much the kids loved Rhett especially Rylee. During the movie she wanted to snuggle right up next to him. It was just so fun spending time with them and getting to know each of their sweet little personalities so much better. Like I said I feel like this was definitely the gift that gave back. 
 









 

No comments: