He started off 50 being in the best shape of his life. Then 2020 decided to do what 2020 does best and curse things. He started out with getting finger surgery to fix his trigger finger. Next he had shoulder surgery which should have been easy but turned into a bicep repair as well. That took months to heal. Next he had the good old 50 year old colonoscopy, which I'm glad he did because they found a pre cancerous polyp that needed to be removed (that has taken weeks to heal and has probably been the most painful thing he has has to deal with). The very next day he had knee surgery for hyperextending his knee while working out. 2020 was not his year. I do have to say though, this guy is tough. I know he was in a lot of pain at times and I know during his bicep recovery he was feeling very discouraged and worried his arm would not be the same. He was not a complainer and he pushed through and fought hard. His arm is almost back to where it was. He didn't loose his cool with the family and I admire him for that. It seems when I even have a headache I'm a grouch.
I just want him to know that I think he is incredible and I am very proud of him for fighting through this year. We are all sick of 2020 some more than others. I know Rhett will be happy to have this year behind him.
I hope you have the best 2021 and your life can get back to your normal. I love you so dang much and I am so happy I get to go through this crazy life with you. Thanks for being strong all of the time and inspiring me. I love you, Happy 51 Birthday!!
No comments:
Post a Comment