My tomatoes went crazy this year. Usually I have to go pick my tomatoes at a farm for my salsa but this year I had three of these large bowls. The down side is they came on at different times so I had three different days of making salsa. The plus side to that is not having to be in the kitchen non stop for days to get multiple batches done. I just did a batch at a time. This year was also fun, I had my helper Stella. She actually took an interest in making salsa with me. Maybe some of my canning ways will get passed down yet. The kids love to tease me, every year that commercial comes on between conference about how your ancestors used to can. Well that's me with my black pot and all.
I do have to tell you about a great trick I have used for years. I'm a girl that does not like to wash my hair more than a few times a week. So on a hair washing day or even the day after I have to baby it. Well I usually do this trick when I'm making Cincinnati Chili or something really fragrant for dinner, but it worked great for making salsa. You turn your head upside down and stuff all of your hair into a Smith's bag, tie it off at your forehead, flip you head up and voila. It keeps the smell out perfectly! Plus it will give your family a good laugh!
No comments:
Post a Comment