Sunday, July 24, 2016

July 24th Backpacking


We've decided that backpacking is our new favorite way to camp. Its the only way we know to go where you don't see another person close to where you set up camp. There's also something empowering knowing you are carrying everything you will need for a few days survival. Plus nothing beats hanging out with this group. It's so great having no distractions like cell phones. 
We lucked out and had beautiful weather. The boys gathered a ton of firewood so we pretty much had a fire going the entire time. I love camp fires, especially at night, when you sit around talking until you are too tired to keep your eyes open. Rhett and Bridger caught a few fish which was a welcome change from the Mountain House meals, I'm not saying I don't like Mountain House (they are much better than "Judy"), but there's nothing better than fresh trout cooked on the fire in tin foil with a little Lawry's. Cooper is such a trooper too. He loves this as much as we do. Except I think he wishes we wouldn't sit around the fire so late at night, he's always ready for bed and will let you know as he stands by the door of the tent waiting. He always sleeps with the boys and Stella sleeps with Rhett and I. We have two four men tents that work out perfectly. We really do love backpacking. I really love hanging out with this extremely fun family of mine. 









We took this the day we got home. Such a welcome sight. I love my yard this time of year.

No comments: