Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Pay It Forward

I just have to say that I love this guy of mine. This time of year he is nothing short of amazing. He is always out there snow blowing peoples driveways, sometimes he will drive around in the neighborhood helping people get unstuck, not to mention he looks very festive while he does it. 
This morning was just another one of those days. He had the boys helping him, they did our drive and a few other neighbors. Then they loaded the snow blower in the truck so that they could go do the apartments walks next. On the way down the hill there was an elderly neighbor that was shoveling her walk. My three men jumped out and finished the drive and walks for her. The best part of the story was that when they got to the apartment. One of our neighbors had already blown our walks. This is the first time in the last ten years that anyone has done that for us. Rhett talked to the boys on the way home about how important service is and Paying It Forward.
I am so thankful that my boys have such an amazing dad to pattern their lives after. 

Rhett and his ongoing quest to master homemade bacon. This was his second attempt, and I have to say it is getting pretty dang close. 
We were able to have the missionaries over for dinner again tonight. The Elders were both new to the area, the taller one was just transferred that day. These two Elders were very impressive, they were so talkative and outgoing. You could tell that they loved what they were doing. Before they left they shared a message. I love the feeling they bring into our home.


No comments: