Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Outside at Last!

Rhett finally finished the chicken coop. It looks great, he did such a good job. It matches the barn perfectly.


The girls didn't know quite what to do their first few nights. At first they were huddled outside on the ground so we had to keep putting them in every night. One night we came out and they were perched like this. So they were getting closer. Finally about a week later they were all inside, perched and asleep. Stella was so proud of her little chicks!

My friend Jamie stopped by to see the coop. I'm not sure what Crew thought of Buffy. When she would flap her wings his eyes would get huge and he would turn away. As long as she stood still he was happy to watch. 
The chickens are so nice. I never expected them to be so tame. I'm sure it helps that Stella hangs out with them all of the time. Buffy is by far the nicest. She will even take a nap on your lap.



No comments: