Friday, February 8, 2013

Chinese New Year Program

Today was the 3rd grade Chinese New Year program. They started out with a parade in the school and then ended in the gym with a performance for the parents. Stella did a great job. She is so cute when she notices I have the camera on her. She always stops signing and smiles like she is embarrassed. 

 Around 11 I came back to help with a very fun Chinese lunch Mrs. Thomas had planned. The kids went out to recess while we decorated the desks with toys, candy, chop sticks and lunch boxes from the Panda. When they came in they were all surprised. I have to say that she is such a great teacher, she's always positive and happy and the kids LOVE her.
 Becky was picking Jackson up from the airport in Ogden at 3:30 (ya I didn't know Ogden had an airport either). So we decided to meet for lunch at Gabor Brothers. When she got there her brother called and said that Jackson had missed his flight. We had a good laugh because now it just looked like she met me for lunch in Layton. I felt so lucky that she would come all that way for me :). We had a great visit and would have talked longer but the crazy snow storm put an end to that.
It was Porters turn to have a late night with friends. Bentley, Hayden and Daxton came over for dinner and a movie. They have a lot more energy than the older boys. It was a busy night but I think they had fun.

No comments: