The three of us headed down to Mesquite to spend a few days with my mom and go see Tarzan at the Tuacahn Amphitheater. Camie and I get her and Darrell season tickets every year for Christmas and thought it would be fun to join her at one of their shows.
We stayed at the Casa Blanca it was an old hotel but the pool was fun. My mom joined us for the swimming, she loves swimming and always brings these water weights to work out, it's pretty funny.
On the way to the play it started raining hard. I was nervous the play would be cancelled, it's not like we can easily just drive down there again to catch another day. It rained all through dinner, I was nervous. As we pulled up to Tuacahn the rained stopped and when we got out of the car there was a double rainbow, the sky cleared and it was perfect weather the rest of the night I was so happy.
Tuacahn Amphitheater was so impressive, I loved how it was tucked in next to all of the red rock. I loved that it was outside (especially now that the rain stopped). They also put on a really great show. I had never seen Tarzan so I did not know what to expect. The costumes for the gorillas were really creative. All of the actors were very talented, Tarzan was even good looking. My only complaint was that he had a higher voice, it kind of threw me off especially when you weren't sure if it was him or Jane signing. It wasn't enough to mess up the show for me though. I love it.
That picture of Stella is her standing next to a Rosemary Bush. They are all over in Mesquite. I'm happy if mine grows at all in the summer before it dies in the winter. I can't imagine have a huge bush.
On the way home we decided to drive past Gunlock Falls. I wanted to see what all of the fuss was about. I guess it's pretty rare for these falls to be falling. With all of the snow we had through the winter it made for a record year of snow melt so Gunlock existed. It was worth going to they were very impressive, all of the hype was justified.

No comments:
Post a Comment