Sunday, February 26, 2023

Happy 21st Porter

Happy 21st Birthday Porter. This kid has had quite the year. He was feeling so sick and everything that he was eating was just coming right out of him. He was loosing weight like crazy and looking sick. He and I were both worried so he went to the Drs. they ran some test and the only thing that came back was a positive test for Celiac Disease. He suggested going to a gastroenterologist. Well of course we set up an appointment with Dr. Frech because he is the best. He did an upper and lower scope. With Linda's Crohn's Disease the Dr. did not want to take any chances. The tests came back with your text book Celiac. It is an auto immune disease so Porter will have it the rest of his life. The Dr. did say that if he avoids gluten he will be just fine and have a normal life. It was my new mission to get him healthy. I went through my cupboards, fridge and pantry. I got rid of anything that had gluten, so many things do like soups, sauces, condiments. I have been spending the last few months trying to cook gluten free for him. I have been changing recipes and adding new ones. He has been feeling so much better. He looks better had has gotten back to a normal weight. He loves carrot cake, it is always his birthday dessert choice. I have to say I think I killed it! It was just as good as the original but completely gluten free. 

On another note besides his health, Porter is such a great kid. I love having him around, he is always great to talk to we kind of just get each other. I love him so much.




 

No comments: