Sunday, December 25, 2022

Christmas 2022

Christmas Eve was small this year. It was Bridger and Kylee’s  off year so it was just the four of us. We did the traditional ham, potatoes and homemade rolls. Instead of doing funeral potatoes I made my dads Dutch over potatoes. They were really good, although he still makes them better. I think his secret is russet, I used gold potatoes and they were too mushy. We usually always do seafood but it was just so expensive this year. We played some games and watched a movie. It was a fun night.
The morning was also small. I let the kids open their stockings and get a start before Bridger and Kylee came over. We get them all of Christmas Day. We opened presents when they first got there. Everyone got spoiled, I love seeing the care that they take picking out each others gifts. We had our Christmas breakfast, it’s the first year I did not make the breakfast casserole. It was a mistake. Everyone was disappointed, I was trying to accommodate the gluten free. Next year I am going to master a gluten free casserole. We spent the rest of the day working on our annual puzzle and playing games. We also watched movies. I love this time of year. I get two weeks off from work so it allows me to just slow down and enjoy the family. 











 

No comments: