Working for the Davis School District has its perks. We get paid time off for Fall Break. It's October 13th and 14th, it used to be for UEA but they do not hold that anymore luckily we still get the days. I'm perfectly okay with that.
Rhett and I decided to go to Mt Dell to play golf and see some of the fall leaves. We have not done either course but went with the Mt course. We were so excited because they just put the two of us together in our own group, I hate getting paired with people I don't know. I was starting to tee up to the first green when the second half of our foursome pulled up. They put us with a dad and his 9 year old daughter. They were actually the best teammates. He was about ten years younger than us and very friendly. He daughter was just along for the ride and did not sign up to play, he did however let her put on every green. I was perfectly fine with that, she was so cute and we each kept cheering her on. Having them with us for the first 9 was really fun. We did play the back nine by ourselves, that part of the course was very challenging, each fairway was on a slant. Let's just say we lost a few balls, well Rhett lost a few balls.
It was such a fun day and we both played really well on the front nine. The one down side is we really did not see too many fall leaves it was pretty much done at this elevation. So we decided to go on another adventure tomorrow in search of the leave. So to be continued...
No comments:
Post a Comment