Saturday, June 11, 2022

Day Hike and Lesson Learned

The four of us plus Diesel decided to go on a day hike in the Uintas. The weather was perfect. We packed a lunch and our backpacking chairs. We had lunch and hung out down by the river, it was a relaxing day. Diesel was in heaven playing in the river. I'm so glad I bought this day pack it came in handy. I should have been smart and used the shoes I got for the Grand Canyon as well. I thought I would just wear my Chacos since it was such a warm day. Well walking back on the dirt road I kicked a root sticking out, my toe was bleeding like crazy, of course a bandaid did not help. When we got home Bridger was trying to dig out the piece that was in there. We could not get it out. I decided I better go to the Dr to have him take it out. I definitely learned a lesson. Sandals are not the best to hike in, no matter the weather. Other than that little set back it was a great day with the kids. 











 

No comments: