Christmas Eve has always been one of my favorite holidays. It's about family, it's about remembering our Savior, and it always makes me think of all of my blessings. I am so thankful for my family, they truly are my biggest blessing. Bridger and Kylee not only stayed for dinner but they slept over. It was so much fun having everyone home.
I always do a fancy Christmas dinner and we always try to have seafood. This year Rhett made my favorite grilled salmon on a plank. The tablecloth and napkins were compliments from Carolee. It's so special to have some of her things to remember her by.
Kylee has been wanting us to make caramel apples. They even bought me a block of caramel for my birthday. We put our mad skills to work after dinner and came up with some pretty good looking and tasty apples.
The rest of the night was spent playing games and just being together. I read some Christmas stories like I used to when the kids were little. Then I took a moment and just told each of them how much I love them and how proud I am of who they are and the choices they are making. I wanted to let them know that the world is hard and challenging but they can always turn to their Savior for help. He is the one person that knows them and loves them. I explained that He has always been there for me especially when life was the hardest.
No comments:
Post a Comment