Wednesday, June 2, 2021

Cancun Mexico with my Loverman

I didn't realize how much I needed this trip until I was on this trip. We have been going crazy planning the wedding on top of work and everything else life has thrown at us. You start to feel like you are two married people living very separate lives. Even though we live in the same house, I know both of us has been missing each other if that makes sense. It was so good getting away just the two of us. Nothing to interrupt our time or conversations together.

We could not have asked for a nicer resort. It was only built a year ago and everything was top notch and as Rhett called it, very swanky. Our room overlooked the pools and the ocean. It was a sexy room and definitely designed with couples in mind. We took advantage of all it had to offer. The pools were amazing and it's where we spent most of our time in the day. We are early risers and would get up every morning and save the best poolside spots. In the pictures just ignore my skimpy bathing suits. I'm 49, if I can't show off my body on a get away with my loverman then what's the point of all of my hard work at the gym. Besides Rhett loved them and he's who I'm trying to please, ha! 

There is something dangerous about staying in an all inclusive resort. We may have eaten and drank way too much. All of the restaurants were really good, the lunch buffet was even good, and the unlimited poolside drinks were addicting, especially when it was so hot outside. We will definately be paying for it at the gym in the weeks to come. The famous last words, but we are on vacation!

One of our funnest days was taking a ferry over to Isla Mujeres. We watched a bunch of people get pulled from the ferry lines because the drug sniffing dogs did not like how they smelled. We saw a sea turtle on the way over which was fun. We rented a golf cart and toured the island. We swam in the beautiful seaweed free crystal blue water on the other side (off of the shore at the resorts the seaweed is bad right now). We had lunch at a taco shop and had a fresh coconut. We came across a very cool graveyard where all of the graves had little home like structures built above them. (I have a thing for touring graveyards) We found a private beach and swam for awhile and found a lot of really cool weathered white seashells. After we turned the cart back in we walked the streets for a while at the touristy shops. Then we boarded the ferry and headed back to our hotel. Fun fun day.

If your relationship is feeling disconnected and off I highly recommend getting away. This was the best stress free relaxing trip. I loved that I had all of the time to be with Rhett. Nothing else in the world mattered. It was just what we needed to charge our system. It was tough coming home I could have stayed another week. The kids had made a fun welcome home sign which was sweet of them. It's amazing how life does not skip a beat, the minute you are home the busy feeling creeps back in. I am so glad that we took a week. It was needed and I loved every bit of it. I loved being alone with Rhett. I already want to plan another trip.  


















































































 

No comments: