Sunday, October 18, 2020

Yellowstone Getaway

I know, we just got back from Lake Powell a few weeks ago but I was still feeling like I needed a break from life. I decided to book Rhett and I a trip to Yellowstone and Jackson over Fall Break. I counted it as an early anniversary getaway. I'm so glad we did we needed some us time.  The first night we stayed in Idaho Falls across the river from the temple. The view was so pretty. We drove the next day into Yellowstone, we headed up north to the Mammoth Hot Springs. It's the high part of the park and it was cold and snowy. It made for some beautiful scenery, I'm just glad we brought our winter coats, we definitely needed them. I could not believe how many people were in the park, I guess it was fall break but still surprising. We spent the second night in West Yellowstone and ate dinner at a really good pizza place. The next day we spent seeing more of the park. Old faithful was reliable as always. Most of the shops and restaurants were closed for the season. It was so cold and we were starving. Rhett had planned ahead and brought the jet boil. We had noodles and hot tea in the car for lunch. I'm sure people wondered what we were doing because the windows were all steamed up. The highlight of the trip was seeing a mama bear and her four cubs in this field off the side of the road. They were pretty close you could see them well. We spent the night in Jackson Hole at the Cowboy Ranch. it was actually really nice. Jackson was about 20 degrees warmer than Yellowstone, 20 degrees makes a huge difference. We had dinner at Bubbas, I don't usually like barbecue places but this place turned out to be good. On the last day we could have easily just drove home but we wanted one more night so we stayed in the same room we stayed in on the first night in Idaho Falls. We worked our way home on Sunday. I am so glad we planed this last minute trip. It was so much fun just being alone with Rhett. He and I are so good together, I could have been gone another month. We do have to face reality some time though. 































 

No comments: