Friday, May 29, 2020

Porters Graduation COVID Style

This kid is as tough as nails. His Senior year has been robbed of all of the good. COVID has pretty much shut down life as we know it. No in person classes, no hanging out with friends, no school dances, no meets for cross country, no track, no all night senior party, and now virtual graduation. Through all of this, he has had a pretty great attitude. 

For graduation we sat around the dinner table outside and watched a prerecorded program and then they listed off all of the graduates. We organized a time to meet with some of his friends earlier that week and got some pictures together. We also organized a family dinner where we celebrated Porter. I know that part was against the rules but luckily nobody got sick. We went the next day at his assigned time slot where he was able to take a few pictures around the building and then they called out his name as he walked across an empty stage in an empty auditorium to received his diploma from his masked principal. After, they sent him to another room where he turned in his cap and gown. Not the graduation he had planned on after all of these years but it will definably be one to remember. 

I am so proud of Porter. He has always been the perfect pupil. Every teacher that he has ever had has told me what a great student he is. Porter has always been very respectful and considerate to his teachers and us for that matter. He has always had a great group of friends that I will absolutely miss. That is one thing that makes them moving on so hard for me. I fall in love with all of these great kids and I know it's never the same as far as seeing them around. Everyone starts their adult life, which is how it should be, but man do I miss it. I am excited to see what Porter does with his life. Like I said, I could not be prouder of this kid, I love him so dang much.








































 

No comments: