We sold the Subaru and needed to figure out a new/old vehicle for Bridger. He is so excided about this beast. It is in really good shape minus the paint color. He and Ty are calling it the Naked Mole Rat, or Rosie. I didn't get the joke until they showed me that it's an actual animal. The picture down below proves that it is the perfect nick name for this pinkish-salmon colored truck. When we first picked it up it had that horrible shell on it with a build in air conditioner. I don't think we could have gotten any more Red Necked if we tried. Bridger cleaned it and detailed it and got it looking really good. As if he wasn't noticeable enough on it's own Bridger also added a very loud muffler. Each time he comes home late at night I just think, the poor neighbors. He is very well known at Viewmont, even if kids don't know him, he's known as the guy with the huge pink truck.
Speaking of Viewmont, I have to tell a very funny story that involves Rosie. Bridger was coming back from lunch one day, and we all know the high school parking lots fill up fast. Well Bridger, like his dad always likes to back into parking lot stalls. He was getting into position to back into one, when the quarterback of the football team decides to snake his spot. He gets out and waves at Bridger, basically saying "sucker". Well Bridger is not one to let people take advantage of him. He pulls up next to the car, hooks up his tow strap. He then proceeds to pull out the car. Well, high school kids all have phones so his good friend Ty takes a video of the whole thing. So, I can speak from experience when I say his car was in park. Those tires did not turn at all. He basically dragged the car out of the parking stall. (Ty's laughter is the best, it's worth taking time and watching the video, I'll try and post it.) Bridger of course can't steer the car so decides to leave it right in the middle of the isle. He then pulls into the stall and gets out. The best part of this story is that Bridger puts a $20 bill in the handle of the car door before heading into lunch. Well word spreads fast and before you know it, Bridger is called down to the Principals office. Bridger explains what happened and told the principal that he knew the kid would get a parking ticket and that is why he gave him the $20 to cover the fee. The Principal told Bridger that he would have gotten into a lot of trouble but it was the $20 that saved him. He understands it was a joke and told him not to do that again. Bridger told Rhett and I that he could tell the Principal was trying to hold back a smile. That story made Bridger a legend, not many people like the Quarterback and said he deserved it.







No comments:
Post a Comment