Camie and her friends always run the Salt Lake Half Marathon each year. This year they are running for her friend Cary that passed away last October. She had the hats made in honor of him. He would always say, "If you can run 3 then you can run 13".
She asked Porter if he wanted to run it with them this year. He was a little nervous because Cross County training doesn't start until summer and he had never ran that far before but he said sure. I took him to meet Camie and her friends that morning, then I found a spot where I could watch the race. I found him about mile 5, he looked great. The next place I was able to watch him would be the finish line. I have to admit I was actually a little nervous for him. I was tracking his phone and the course. Seeing where he was I actually started to get a little emotional because I knew he was going to make it. His goal was to get under two hours. He crossed the finish line at 1:49. He walked up to me after, he didn't even seem tired and was not even out of breath. I obviously worried for no reason, he rocked it. So proud of this kid. He wants to try a full marathon next. I'm glad he found something that he loves to do.






No comments:
Post a Comment