Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Released

I have been in Young Women's for over three years. First I was the Beehive advisor and then they put me into the presidency as the second counselor. I love working with the girls, it has been my favorite calling that I have ever had. So on Sunday morning when them called me in and released me I was really sad. I think I cried the whole way home. I knew this day was coming. My President Jolyn Peterson has been fighting Colon Cancer. I think that was part of the reason for my crying this morning. It has been such a sad thing and such a hard reason to be released. Our whole presidency has been really sad. Jo will be starting her six months of chemotherapy and needs to focus on getting better. 
Tonight I got a knock at my door. Its was all of my Beehive girls with this poster and a bunch of letters that they had made for me. I started to cry again. It was so thoughtful of them. I really do love those girls. I am going to miss working with them. 

No comments: