Friday night Rhett and Porter were on their way to another camp out with the scouts. This has become quite the normal occurrence around our house these days. Stella has been really frustrated this summer because of all of the camp outs she is not invited to. Her biggest complaint is that she never gets to sleep in a tent.
Rhett got home from the camp out on Saturday and surprised Stella with the best news ever. She and Rhett were going to have their very own camp out in the back yard, in the TENT!
They started out with a little hot dog roast. The two of them sat around the fire for hours just talking (Stella's favorite thing to do). They had a few roasted marshmallows and s'mores. They came in and got ready for bed and then headed out for the night.
I went and checked on the happy campers the next morning. Stella had the best time.
I told Rhett this is something she will remember forever. I am so glad I am married to such an amazing man who will take the time to make his kids feel so important.


No comments:
Post a Comment