We decided to wrap up the summer with a trip to Oregon. It was the best decision we have made in a long time. We had the best time. We decided to stay at Cannon Beach this time instead of Manzanita. I liked it just as much. The weather could not have been better. Some days it felt like you were laying at a beach in California. Sometimes not even enough wind to fly a kite. Rhett and the kids rented wet suits and boogie boards from 9am until 6 that night. I think they were in the water the whole time only taking a 20 minute lunch break, money well spent.
Cooper and I just relaxed on the beach the whole day. I have to say, that is one of my favorite things to do. I love the sound of the ocean. Cooper would run out in the water once in a while to check on everyone. His favorite thing to do was to meet all of the new dogs at the beach.
That kite in the background is Porters new foil kite that he bought.
Below you can see that Stella hooked her little kite to Cooper. He would keep this on him, flying, for hours at a time. We made a lot of people laugh it was pretty funny to see.
Once again we got up first thing in the morning when it was still very dark to go clamming. You have to start when its a negative tide. It was a success we limited and I was able to make my most famous clam chowder. Just one of our many things we look forward to on this trip.
This has to be the main thing we look forward to...crabbing! This too was a success. We ate crab and more crab the rest of the week. It's nice having bigger kids, Bridger helped pull in more than half of the traps. Did I mention the weather was perfect every day?!
Such cute kids. They were great this trip and a blast to hang out with. They love Oregon as much as we do. So it makes for a really good time.
This trip is all about low tides, so that meant another early morning. We love hiking down to Ecola State Park, the tide pools are always fun to check out.
Just a mellow day to Tillamook to get some cheese and ice cream. We also checked out this lighthouse and stopped to get agates at Crescent Beach.
The kids each bought new kites with their money. Stella was so proud of hers. She was also really good at flying it. She was doing tricks on it just like the boys. They each got a new foil kite. They mastered theirs too.
We spent everyday at the beach. Did I mention the weather was amazing?! :) Porter was a good sport and let Bridger bury him. I have to say it was funny looking. We all had a good laugh.
I am so glad Rhett talked me into this trip. Sometimes I get so caught up in bills and keeping on task that I forget to have fun. As you can see my kids are growing like crazy. We maybe have 5 years left with Bridger. We're starting to feel a little panicked. Time needs to slow down, but we all know that doesn't happen. So, I need to enjoy life just a little bit more and milk ever fun memory I can out of it. I love my family more than anything.





No comments:
Post a Comment