Friday, May 31, 2013

Bee Pick-Up

The long awaited day has arrived. Rhett finally got to pick up his bees. We went to Honeyville to pick them up (how appropriate). There were 17 other new bee keepers there. We all got a quick lesson on how to move over the new hive to our boxes. Once that was done we could not leave until dark to make sure we got all of our worker bees that were still foraging. We spent the rest of the night listening to Stan, the bee man teach us more about raising bees. We also watched him split a hive that was a few years old. It was enough to make your skin crawl. I have never see so many bees. He gave each of us a tray of fresh honeycomb to take home and try. I have to say, after spending the night there I am actually excited about the bee thing too.




No comments: