At 4:00 am our alarm went off, we could still hear the rain hitting the windows. We were tossing around the idea of just bagging the ride. So glad we didn't. We got there 45 minutes early, the race didn't start until 6:00. It was raining really hard as we waited in the truck. At 5:45 we jumped out and met the other riders at the starting line. What a fun sight as hundreds of riders waited in the rain to start. With everything that has happened in Boston, it got me just a little emotional. I am so glad I was able to experience it with Bridger and Rhett. We took off riding, it rained the whole time. Renan and Ezra found us about half way into the ride. Bridger started to get a little tired at the 20 mile mark. They gave us some energy boost gel that we told him to take. It was like a commercial, he took off and rode really fast until the end. I had a hard time keeping up. It was pretty funny. At the finish line they passed out medals. Plus we all got a pretty cool shirt to keep. We walked around the park for a few minutes and got hooked up with some of the food they were passing out to the riders. Now that we were stopped and cooling off I started to freeze, I mean really FREEZE. We still had to ride our bikes back to 400 south to take the train back up. It was hard getting my hands to work, everything was soaked and frozen. We had the heat turned on to full blast the whole way home. We were still cold. We all took hot showers when we got home. I was still cold. Took a two hour nap under my covers. Finally warmed up. We were all so glad we did it and are already planning on riding in it next year. Rain or Shine!


No comments:
Post a Comment