Friday, January 11, 2013

Snow Day!

At 6:00 in the morning we got the call saying there was no school today because of the snow. I don't remember the last time we had a snow day. When we finally decided to get out of bed I could see why. I would say we had about two feet.Well of course that got everyone excited. The kids started making calls to their friends, and before I knew it we had 14 kids in our back yard. The older boys came in for lunch and then just stayed in the rest of the day and night. They had a Batman movie marathon and stayed until about 11:00 that night. 
The girls however had a quick lunch, one movie and then were back out sledding until dark. For anyone who says girls are not tougher than boys, I beg to differ. 
All of Stella's friends went home but Mesa. Porter's friend Bentley stayed as well. I hooked all of the kids up with waffles for dinner. Stella and Porter and their friends watch movies up stairs.

Rhett and I were banned to the front living room watching the "Lost" series on his Kindle Fire. We could have gone up stairs but with that many kids in the house I had to be available. It was funny that we were watching on the smallest screen, but we were loving every minute of it. We love it when all of the friends come over. I think that's Rhett's goal, he wants to be known as the "party house". 


















No comments: